Funders and Partners
The rehabilitation research program at Toronto Rehab / University Health Network receives vital support from other ministries, agencies and foundations, and from generous individuals who donate through the Toronto Rehab Foundation.
Our collaboration with other institutions is important to us. We work closely with our affiliate, the University of Toronto, and with a broad network of Canadian and international academic, clinical and community-based partners.
We also partner with the private sector through our industry-friendly Club program.
Our research enterprise has close relations with government. We share our findings and expertise with decision makers because our work has immediate implications for the delivery of healthcare.
Clinicians and consumers, of course, play an indispensable role in our research. Together, we are making discoveries that are having a real impact on people’s lives.
Ministries, Agencies and Foundations
We acknowledge the support of the following agencies and organizations:
- AirGuard Medical Products Co.
- Andrew J Hart Enterprises Ltd.
- ArjoHuntleigh Canada Inc.
- A-Tech Instruments Ltd.
- Baffin Inc.
- Bosch Rexroth AG
- Canada Foundation for Innovation
- Canada Post Corporation
- Canadian Health Services Research Foundation
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Canadian Paraplegic Association
- Canadian Stroke Network (NCE)
- Carroll Hospital Group
- CDW Healthcare
- Council of Academic Hospitals of Ontario (CAHO)
- Drummond Foundation
- ECHO: Improving Women’s Health in Ontario (agency of MOHLTC)
- Gastle and Associates
- Government of Canada
- HandyMetrics Corporation
- Health Technology Exchange
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario
- Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
- IBM Canada Ltd.
- International Development of Technology bv
- International Science and Technology Partnerships Canada Inc.
- Lenovo Canada Inc.
- MaRS Innovation
- Motion Analysis System
- National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (USA)
- National Institutes of Health
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada
- NESTEC Inc.
- Ontario Brain Institute
- Ontario Centres of Excellence
- Ontario Innovation Trust
- Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and Innovation
- Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation
- Ophardt Hygiene Technologies Inc.
- Ottawa Health Research Institute
- Otto Bock HealthCare Canada Limited
- Phoenix Technology Inc.
- Phonak AG
- Prism Medical
- Quanser Consulting Inc.
- Respironics, Inc.
- Rick Hansen Institute
- Saint Elizabeth Health Care
- Shandong Relax Health Industry Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Jiaotong University
- Shanghai Ninth People’s Hospital
- Shoppers Home Health Care
- Spinal Cord Injury Solutions Network
- St Michael’s Hospital
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- T.H.E. Medical Inc.
- Toronto Central CCAC
- Toronto Rehab Foundation
- University Health Network
- University of Alberta
- University of Toronto
- Vernacare Canada
- Westbury National Show Systems Ltd.
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board